The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham’s Economic Development Department operates as the service provider for the U.S. Department of Commerce’s designated economic development district (EDD) and the Appalachian Regional Commission’s local development district (LDD) for the six-county area. The Economic Development staff offers a variety of services primarily focused on financial tools. Federal funding allows the staff to offer multiple services to member governments. Additionally, the staff is actively involved in facilitating economic development throughout the region and fostering cooperation between the public and private sectors. The RPCGB manages the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for the region. The strategy allows the RPCGB to identify and implement the projects necessary for economic development and to best leverage state and federal funds.
- Loan Programs
- Grant-writing Assistance for Member Governments, including Economic Development Administration grants, Appalachian Regional Commission grants and Community Development Block grants.
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee
- Governor’s Region 4 Workforce Development Council
- Innovation Depot
- Bessemer Business Incubation System
- Economic Development Administration
- Appalachian Regional Commission
- Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs
Director of Economic Development
Email Yvonne or call (205) 251-8139
Economic Development Specialist
Email Marthalena or call (205) 251-8139