The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham is seeking qualified case managers for the Medicaid Waiver program serving Jefferson County elderly and disabled citizens.
Under the direction of the Medicaid Waiver Program Supervisor the case manager will assist individuals in gaining access to appropriate, needed, and desired waiver and other State Plan services, as well as needed medical, social, educational, and other appropriate services. Serves to provide necessary coordination with providers of non-medical, non-waiver services when the services provided by these entities are needed to enable the individual to function at the highest attainable level or to benefit from programs for which he or she might be eligible. Executes ongoing monitoring of the provision of waiver and non-waiver services including the individual’s Plan of Care.
Executes duties such as:
- Intake and screening
- Level of care determination
- Eligibility determination
- Choice of institution or community care
- Plan of care development
- Initial authorization of waiver services
- Service coordination
- Changes in services
- Termination of services
- Case termination and transfer
- Documentation and record-keeping
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisory staff
Credential and Experience
- A BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in a human services related field); or having a degree from an accredited School of Social Work; or a Registered Nurse with current Licensure.
- Case management experience is preferred, but all candidates that meet educational criteria will be considered
- Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- A current driver’s license and educational diploma must be provided at time of hiring.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background and sex offender check and TB skin test prior to official hiring.
Case managers must possess knowledge of the Medicaid Waiver program and knowledge of service providers available to clients. Case managers must be flexible if workload requires working before or after normal work hours. Case managers are required to maintain 35-40 clients each month and demonstrate the ability to work toward goals with little supervision. Case managers need to demonstrate ability to meet deadlines for reports, attention to detail in client files, and accurate monthly provider billings.
For more information about the RPCGB, visit our website at www.rpcgb.org
Salary range: $26,196 to $47,044 depending on prior experiences.
This is an open, continuous enrollment application. Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled.
The Regional Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to (email preferred):
Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham
2 20th Street South, Suite 1200
Birmingham, AL 35203
Attn: Case Manager
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.