The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham (RPCGB) would like to invite you to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfields & Redevelopment Workshop. The workshop will be conducted by the EPA, in collaboration with the RPCGB and City of Birmingham, on Thursday, September 22 at the Boutwell Auditorium.
If one, or more, of the following questions applies to your town, city or region then this workshop will be of great interest to you:
- Do you have blighted areas with underutilized or contaminated properties?
- Are you trying to catalyze development in your town, city or region?
- Is development stalled, as a result of concern for contamination?
- Do you have concerns for health and welfare for people living near potentially contaminated properties?
- What are brownfields and what are the requirements for a brownfields grant and do you qualify?
These questions and many more will be addressed at the EPA Brownfields & Redevelopment Workshop. For more information please see the attached flyer. Feel free to contact Mikhail Alert (RPC) at 205-264-8427, Amber Courtney (City) at 205-254-2865 or Brian Holtzclaw (EPA) at 404-821-0697 with any questions. The link to register for the workshop is provided below.